Monday, January 19, 2009

You Know You Aren't Over it When...

... it can still make you tear up and your heart starts to pound while you manifest other signs of nervousness and stress.

No, I'm not talking about my marriage's demise.  I am ready to dance on the remains of that with hobnailed boots.  I am speaking about my excommunication from my old church.  

I had a short visit today with a fellow excommunicant that I happen to like a great deal.  We spoke a bit about things ecclesiastical and she and her family are attending a different reformed church now and working through some issues.  The thought of even going to that church for a visit, despite assurances that this was a different experience than what I had sat under previously, was enough to almost trigger a panic attack.  I guess I still have some healing to do there.

No comments: